Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad.

I haven't always been a fan of my parents, or even close to them--I was quite the angsty teen. But I can definitely say that the older I get, the more I appreciate the way they raised me and the more I adore them to pieces. This doesn't mean we don't have our significant disagreements or extremely differing perspectives on life--but I can't say how grateful I am to have them both.

So here goes...
(In honor of Father's Day that passed yesterday)


Who is my Dad?

My Dad is my most beloved,
Yet my biggest enemy.
My Dad is the one who criticizes me the most,
Yet celebrates my every achievement harder than anybody else.
My Dad always believed I could be more,
Even when I was convinced I was nothing.
My Dad pushes me harder, believes I’m stronger,
And will NEVER take “I can’t” for an answer.
My Dad has always spoiled me rotten,
Yet always shown me that humility and being good to others should come first.
My Dad has always given until it hurts,
The needs of my brother and me always taking priority over his.
My Dad isn’t and was never perfect,
But always did and does the best he knows how to.
My Dad has shown me how a real man should act.
My Dad loves me the most.
My Dad BELIEVES in me.
Here’s to you Dad, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment