Thursday, April 7, 2011

So um...your blog background?

Friend: Whoa cool, glad to see you're blogging again..
Me: Yeah, thanks, it's interesting being digital again..
Friend: So, that background?
Me: Funky, isn't it?
Friend: Yeah, um...did you happen to be tripping on some type of hallucinogen when you chose it?
Me: Right...and you've known me to be the type of person that uses hallucinogens, right?
Friend: Dude, you're so tight-lipped, you could be married with a couple children and I'd not know it...
Me: True. No, I wasn't tripping. On anything, really. I liked it because it's bright and happy!

So that conversation (^^) above is one that I had with a good friend of mine just today. So allow me to explain. To me, the peacock/peacock feathers are classic representatives of South Asian culture, so I figured they would make a perfect background for my blog. Clearly I like vibrant colors, which I also feel are quite fitting to my culture. So what better than technicolor peacock feathers for this purpose? Nothing.

Now you know.

On another note, I have a bundle of very important deadlines tomorrow for my master's degree. Could this explain my sudden re-interest in blogging? I think yes.

3 comments: