Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Innocent Joy & the Epitome of Happiness

I haven't had the time to write a real blog post in a little while, but today I came across this image while doing some research for a course project. This adorable little fellow(and by fellow, I mean turtle) seems to be quite content to just be laying there eating his strawberry...it's almost as if he represents the epitome of happiness. While I can relate, because I love all things strawberry, I can't help but be tickled a little by his innocent joy.

Innocent joy.

Do you still take the time to enjoy the innocent pleasures of life? I know I don't, nearly enough. Fortunately, living in a coastal community of Southern California allows me to enjoy the just-warm-enough sun and cool, clean, crisp air nearly year round. But, beyond that, I feel like I have been too preoccupied in my academic pursuits as of late to enjoy the rest. Considering I have about a decade of training/schooling left, this obviously has to change.

In this sense, you could say that this little turtle is who I strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment